Approximately, 25% of the population in the US experiences knee pain during their life, which makes it the second-largest source of chronic pain. Knees are more prone to injuries or tiredness than the other parts of the body, and that’s why we suffer from knee pain. If you feel constant pain in the knees, read above the tips that can make your life better and pain- free.
Physical therapy is the best way to reduce or even eliminate the chronic foot, knee or hip pain. Continue reading to find out the 6 exercises that will make you stay healthy.
1. Heel raises
All you need is a chair to stand behind it and start the exercise:
- First off, raise one of your legs.
- Until you manage to stand on your toes, slowly raise the heel of your other leg.
- Then, calmly put the heel back on the floor.
- For better results, repeat this on each leg 10-15 times.
2. Ankle сircles
If you have weak ankles and will like to work on them, try to do the following exercise:
- While you’re sitting down or standing up try to raise one leg.
- Then, rotate the foot of the raised leg in a circular motion.
- For better results, repeat this exercise 10 times in inward circles and 10 times in outward circles for both legs.
3. Resistance training
To start this exercise, you need to have a resistance band:
- Firstly, you have to fix the band around any standing furniture.
- Then, put one leg under the other and bent it slightly at the knee.
- With the foot of the leg that’s on top, grab the resistance band.
- Finally, put the band slowly and bend your foot towards your head.
- You can repeat this exercise 10 to 15 times on each leg.
It combines the work of your inner and outer thigh muscles and calf muscles.
4. Toe games
There is a game that is called “grabbies” which allows you to exercise your toes. Follow the “rules” of the game:
- Try to curl your toes.
- Throw a towel on the floor and try to grab it with your toes.
- You can use small pebbles, grab them with your toes and try to put them in a basket.
5. Walking on balls
If you like to relax the balls of your feet, try this exercise:
- You have to find a tennis ball or any kind of small ball.
- Grab a chair and sit.
- Place the ball on the floor and step on it.
- Push the ball with your foot slowly toward the toes and then backward.
If these exercises are not enough, here’s a bonus one:
Around the world, foot massage and acupressure are highly recommended. After a long day, your feet can be tired and sore. To relieve the pain, place your thumbs between toes 1 and 2, 4 and 5; about 1 cm or half an inch deep. Then, slowly massage the places for 15 minutes, and feel the relaxation at the end.
6. Toe walking
With this exercise, you will work on the muscles around the knee and strengthen your ankles.
You can do this exercise while maintaining the house. All you have to do is walk around fast on your toes. This will help strengthen your calves, and at the same time you work out the balls of your feet and your toes. Don’t stop walking until you feel tired.
With these exercises, we hope you’ll relieve the pain and stay healthy!